We are now looking for Junior Data Engineer to join our successful team of consultants in the data management area with focus on energy sector clients. Our team works in a consulting environment, thus you are expected to have a proactive and customer-oriented mindset. In consulting environment each project is different, which provides you a chance to get experience from a wide variety of industries, technologies and customers.
Your responsibilities include helping the client to succeed, creating solutions to our clients’ data challenges, providing our project teams’ expertise in transforming, migrating and modeling of data and building of the data pipelines. To succeed in this role you have a genuine interest in working in the area of Big Data related technology and have an education background to support your knowledge. You are familiar with software development, have some hands-on experience in programming and knowledge about database technologies.
In this role you will be working at our office either in Helsinki or Turku.
What we bring to the table
Here at CGI, the client always comes first, and the key to happy clients is of course our happy members. We want you to feel as welcome and comfortable as possible, and thus want to provide the CGI experience, consisting of:
• A job that matters: You will work in large and challenging projects with products and services that add true value to our customers.
• A bunch of awesome colleagues: We want to create an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. As a new member you´ll get a buddy who will make sure you are all set for the new challenges.
• Global locality: We are one of the leading IT companies in the world, but we work locally and customer-oriented. We combine strong local expertise, global resources and certified business models.
• Caring on and off work: We offer many career paths, and various learning and development programs, but your work-life balance is equally important for us. We support it through various well-being programs and opportunities to influence your working environment.
Knowledge on the following areas is desired:
• Interest in operating with Big Data and creating IT solutions around it
• Knowledge in basic software development elements like programming, version control, testing
Experience in some of the following technologies via studies, work or hobbies:
o Cloud based platforms and databases such as Amazon S3, AWS Redshift, Snowflake
o Programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, C, R)
o Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) tools
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills supported by evidence from studies, hobbies or work
• Proactive and independent working style
• Ability to communicate your ideas and present your solutions for the project team in English, preferably also in Finnish
• Ongoing or completed MSc or BSc degree in Computer Science or related studies
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! And in case there is still something you wonder about the role, contact
Juha Mondolin, tel.040 669 4644
23.11. at 14-16
25.11. at 14-16
30.11. at 14-16
4.12. at 9-11
Apply for the position no later than 10.12.2020 via our careers website at http://www.cgi.fi/ura by clicking on the “I´m interested" -button at the bottom of the page.
Personal security clearances will be required if the role requires.
You can also find us on:
• YouTube #LI-DNI
- Big Data