CGI is a global IT and business process services provider delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services. With over 74,000 professionals in 40 countries, CGI has an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects, aligning our teams with clients’ business strategies to achieve top-to-bottom line results. Read more at cgi.com
System Engineer (Financial Services)
Finanssi-Kontio is modern and agile joint venture of CGI and OP-Palvelut Oy. We have 40 years of experience and world class operational models courtesy of CGI.
We have currently one open position for a key team member to work as a System Engineer with environments, deployments and CI.
You will be a part of our system team which supports channel delivery services with environments, deployments, continuous integration and non-functional requirements testing. The team will have an interesting year ahead as the service scope extends to multiple business domains, a new platform will be rolled out and the team starts to manage also the production deployment pipeline.
Your main responsibilities as a System Engineer:
• Update environment using the Release Engine (our internally developed tool)
• Setup deployment jobs to test environments
• Make Liferay content changes on test environments (according to documentation, can be learned on the job)
• Keep environments up to date with latest changes on Common Environments (configuration changes)
• Help channel delivery teams in any environment and CI related issues by request.
You will be working at our office in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki and at our client´s premises in Vallila, Helsinki.
We are looking for you who…
We appreciate experience in the following domains:
• Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven)
• Gathering of prerelease requirements, deployment of new releases
• JBoss administration and Java application troubleshooting
• Red Hat Linux
• Jenkins (development workflow: compiling, deploying, testing)
• Knowledge of network stack (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS)
• DB2 databases (basic knowledge)
• MQ (basic knowledge)
But you do not need to have all the capabilities to take up the job; a proactive and self-managing mindset and willingness to learn can compensate for quite a bit. Can-do-and-will-do attitude and capability to get things done is most important.
What we bring to the table
Here at CGI, the client always comes first, and the key to happy clients is of course our happy members. We want you to feel as welcome and comfortable as possible, and thus want to provide the CGI experience, consisting of:
• A job that matters: You will work in large and challenging projects closely with our business.
• A bunch of awesome colleagues: We want to create an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. As a new member you´ll get a buddy who will make sure you are all set for the new challenges.
• Global locality: We are one of the leading IT companies in the world, but we work locally and customer-oriented. We combine strong local expertise, global resources and certified business models.
• Caring on and off work: We offer many career paths, and various learning and development programs, but your work-life balance is equally important for us. We support it through various well-being programs and opportunities to influence your working environment.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! And in case there is something you wonder about the role, give hiring manager Marko Orasaari a call at +358 40 867 1133.
Apply for the position by 31.7.2019 via our careers website at http://www.cgi.fi/ura by clicking on the I´m interested -button at the bottom of the page.
Personal security clearances will be required if the role requires.
You can also find us on:
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.