Do you want to be part of a dynamic finance team that is always looking for efficiencies and standardization within financial processing & accounting?
Do you have a strong accounting background, maybe from one of the Big 8 audit companies?
Would you like to be responsible for all accounting and compliance for CGI in Finland, with exciting growth opportunities in Finland or internationally, and a small team of accountants to lead?
Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! You will be working with 30-35 fantastic finance professional in Helsinki office, and many more across the Nordics, Europe, and the rest of the world.
As a Manager in the Financial Business Services (FBS) team, you will join a team of 5 other FBS team leads, covering Scandinavia, Finland, Poland and the Baltics. You will be reporting to the FBS Finance Director for the region. You will be working closely with the Business Unit controllers of Finland and their controlling teams, giving them support on all accounting related matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Team & People Management, including setting objectives, performance management, and professional development
• Accounting & monthly closing of financial accounts
• Manage all pension accounting, and reconciliations.
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations, and quarterly BS reviews with regional Finance VPs and Directors
• Manage stat audit, financial statements and cooperation with external auditors
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of all asset and liability balance sheet accounts, in accordance with IFRS, as well as local GAAP.
• Accurate and timely submission of tax and vat declarations
• Contributing to, and implementing on efficiency and standardization programs across regions
• Working closely together with the Global FBS in India, and Corporate Accounting in Montreal (HQ)
• Contact person for local Tax Authorities
• SOX involvement
• Excellent knowledge and interest in IFRS and local GAAP
• Strong analytical skills
• 7-10 years of experience from similar role(s)
• Excellent communication skills in English and Finnish.
• Sense of autonomy, initiative, and responsibility
• Ability to work independently, while demonstrating flexibility
• Experience from working with external auditors
• Good understanding of priorities, and 100% respect for deadlines
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
• Ability to work in virtual teams, across functions, and across borders
• Want-to-help attitude towards internal clients, co-workers, and partners
Education and Certification
• Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent
• Professional accounting designation, CPA or equivalent
We know that one of the key components of our success is the talent, skills and knowledge of the people who join our team – professionals like you. This is what we offer:
• Meaningful job and exciting tasks: You will work in challenging projects with products and services that add true value to our customers.
• Experienced and enthusiastic colleagues: You will be part of a dynamic and innovative team where everyone’s knowledge and competences are valued. We strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered.
• Excellent opportunities to learn and to develop yourself: Your career and professional development will be our top priorities. We offer many career paths, and various learning and development programs.
• Benefits of a large and global IT company: We are one of the leading IT companies in the world. In Finland we work locally and customer-oriented. We combine strong local expertise, global resources and certified business models.
Great, because we'd love to hear from you! For more information, please contact Finance Director Christian Hilstad, +47 99270234
Apply now via our careers website: http://www.cgi.fi/ura.
Please leave your application by 08.03.2020 at the latest. The position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Personal security clearances will be required depending on the role.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.